Friday, August 28, 2015

The Madhouse, The Order of Ren, and The Unholy Three

After the club closed, Lorne offered us rooms in his new home down the street. We went there with him and looked around at what was left of Sunny d. The Bronze was surrounded by vamps and none of the other demons would go near the place, and the Magic Box was closed and locked up and advertising a GRAND RE-OPENING coming soon... I wondered for a moment what had happened to the uber demons that killed Anya in the high school but there was no sign of them now...

Lorne had found a nice house over on Elm Street and had claimed it for his own, apparently some demons had tried to throw him and his crew out and been thrashed viciously by them so no one tries to question them anymore....    

Under the stairs was a secret elevator that led to a secret hotel in a private dimension where rooms were available for everyone... how did Lorne set this up, i wondered?

"Well, its a long story,... basically, I won it in a poker game. The elevator here goes to any destination you desire. Won the elevator in one hand from a Mister Nightshade and the alternate universe in another from a Mister Dark. See the button for Madhouse. Goes straight to work. Then there's a button for Home, and one for Chicago, and Cleveland, Los Angeles, Denver, and some other Hell dimensions i do business in, and a button for your floor... 13... See this hotel has all the 13th floors that were not added to skyscrapers... Kind of confusing, but the room service is great." Lorne smiled and everyone tried to comprehend what he was saying....   
"BUT we went down not up," said Anya, always the first to point out what everyone was thinking... 
"Yes... its a magic elevator... you should see my magic carpet." said Lorne with a smile... 
"How do you set the buttons?" I asked out of curiousity. 
"I just think of where I need to go and the panel adds a button. Told you it was confusing." Lorne showed us to our rooms and advised us that the room service is excellent and we should try it." Then he went to his room. number one.   
"You dont sleep in the house?" I asked him. 
"Oh Hell no, its haunted.." Lorne went inside and closed the door and the rest of us found our rooms and turned in.... 

Later that night, Anya came to my door and asked to come in.... 
"Sure thing, luv," I told her and invited her in... She came in looking somewhat shaken and sat down at the dinner table by the fridge.... 
"You know, the fridge has fresh blood packs inside... I love this room... Whats wrong, An?" I asked her. 
"I just had this dream where i remembered... well, the Elysian Fields,... you remember that, Spike?" 
"Wasnt my dream luv.... " I remarked thoughtfully... 
"But you were there, William,... after Sunnydale... you dont recall???..." 
I shook my head having no memories of the place... 
"You and me and some others were abducted by demons from the Elysian Fields and taken to their Hell dimension,... they were going to sacrifice us to the Unholy Trinity... you tried to fight them off but they beat you down..." Anya looked at me to see if i recalled any of that... but i didnt...  "Then this other faction rescued us... the Order of Ren... they killed our abducters and asked us if we would help them overthrow the Three... They gave you some demon power through a spell to make you stronger and then they gave me demon powers sensing that I had once been a vengeance demon..." Anya created a fireball with the flick of her wrist and then flicked it away again... "We attacked the three with the Order and our leader Ren Tsa, but the Three were too strong for us and they banished us from their realm... they sent you away first..." 
"To L.A., yes, its coming back to me now... I was a ghost in L.A... i tell you from one Hell to another with me..." I recalled the attack and the banishment and the abduction now. "Yes, the three wiped my memory before they banished me to Hell,...er, Los Angeles. I remember it clearly now."   
"Yes, then they banished the rest of the Order too. And they sent Ren Tsa to another Hell dimension without his powers so he could not escape... Spike, he called out to me for help, in this dream. We have to find him. He is the one who gave me my powers back and the Order can stop the Three from destroying the world... Some thing big is coming Spike,... I can feel it..." Anya was visibly shaken by her dream and even i could sense something dark and eerie in the air... 
"We'll find him, luv.... We'll find them all..." I hugged Anya and comforted her... being a psy-sensitive i can feel other peoples feelings sometimes and her compassion and fear for her colleagues was strong... 
I knew that I had to find the Order some how, but i was not sure why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment