Friday, December 2, 2016

AMBROSIA #fanficfriday

 I took the girls home and called a meeting with the team. Tara, Willow, and Dawn joined us for a special dinner... We had found Dawn in Santa Monica where she had been separated from Faith when she fell through a portal while running from a demon who wanted to eat her heart out... My Santa Monica team found her and sent her to us...

Dawn was from a different dimension than Buffy, but the two felt an instant connection... It felt good to see them together again... Dawn was a Watcher now, training with Giles, in her world, but the tears in their eyes as they hugged each other said everything.... Buffy explained that her sister Dawn in her world had been killed by the demons summoned by the trio.... and Dawn explained that her sister had died to save her from Glory and she had been helping Faith in her world since... She had been raised by Giles and Willow and Tara, but now she was in our world, and her family was gone.... Buffy told her that she was with family now...

"Here, here," says I... "A toast." I raised a glass of wine from the table. "To family."

The others raised there glasses and drank from them...

"Mmm, best wine I ever tasted," says Buffy. "So sweet."

Tara drank her glass down and said it was delicious... The others drank theirs too, as I watched...

"Spike, youre not drinking, Blondie Bear?" Harmony asks me....

"No. not today... I dont deserve it... but all of you do... I hurt you all, and now this will make up for it..."

"What did you do Spike?" Asked Willow...

"What are you talking about, honey?" asked Buffy....

"The wine... its called Ambrosia... nectar of the gods... cures vampires... and makes humans immortal... no one will hurt you again... and if anyone tries I will rip their throats out... "

"Cure?" asked Buffy. "You cured us? Why dont you take it?"

"I done a lot of things in my time. Bad things,... to all of you...  and I am going to earn my redemption..." I sat the wine on the table...  "From here on out, no one can hurt you again...."

"You could have asked." Buffy said....

"You would have said no." I turned to look at her... "You are my world, luv. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe... I will die for you if need be,,,"

"Well, you did that didnt you? Nothing can kill me now... Now drink up..." Buffy handed me the glass...

"Not yet... Not now..."

A tear rolled down her cheek. "I dont want to lose you again." She told me....

"I will never leave you luv.... You may leave me, but I will never leave you..."
 
"Damn it. Spike. Drink it..." Buffy looked at me, pleading with her eyes....

"I have a mission too... When the time comes I will... Just not now..."

"Spike, please..." She began to cry so I took her in my arms and kissed her... because she needed it. This woman is my world, and I will die for her....

As I held her in my arms, Darla came into the room and asked, "Is that it?" She pointed to the glass...
I told her it was, and she drank it..."Thanks, Spike... I owe you..."

"Yes you do," 1 told her...  I held Buffy close as she wept on my shoulder... "I will find more, someday..."





No comments:

Post a Comment